It was my birthday not to long ago (read: in August), so naturally I did some shopping, and a bit of damage to my bank account. I don’t treat myself like this often at all, and spending this much money in one go is a rarity for me, so yes, I went a bit loco. I’ve used/worn/played with/enjoyed everything since I’ve bought it, and I don’t regret spending a cent #YOLO (yes, that just happened). This is definitely a two part post, so grab a drink and bask in the awesomeness of new things, and look out for part 2!
I have a bit of a personal one for you guys today, what I’m talking about in this post is something that has been bothering me for a little while and a topic I want to address. It’s something that I deal with a lot, and I am curious about your thoughts on it too…
I was recently given the opportunity to review this product for Primped, and thought I would share my thoughts with you. The review below is not my exact words to Primped, but the same consensus that I gave them. To see other reviews of this product, and my original review check this link out.
Yes, this is one of those posts. I love these kinds of posts, you see a bunch of products in one go, a quick review, and weather or not they are worth getting again. Come take a look in my bin for what I’ve used up, am throwing out, and what I think of them. I’ve been collecting this lot for a while now, so there’s a crap load. I hope to do these kinds of posts every 2ish months, so my designated empties box isn’t so full that it’s breaking (i.e. what’s making me write this post(s) ASAP!) I’ve decided to do this in two parts because there is a ridiculous amount of stuff to talk about, so brace yourself, get some coffee (or tea, or scotch) and take a look at my empties part one!
I’ve been trying for what feels like forever to perfect my skin care routine and find the right products for me. Moisturiser has been big on my list and I’ve been using this one for some time now so I thought I would show you what I think of it. Here’s there one I have been using lately, it’s by ModelsPrefer and is the MATTEme pore minimising moisturiser with MP aquaFLEX.
Yayyyyyy!!! Happy birthday to me hehe. I’m 22 today. I just want to say thank you for reading my blog and leaving me your lovely comments, it always puts a smile on my face. I know my blog is still a baby, but I love it, and I hope you do to. I loved turning 21, I feel like it was such a great age to be, I’ve finally started feeling like an adult. I hope 22 will be a good age to be as well.
What are my plans for my birthday? Today, not so much, just spending time with my family, pampering myself, a lot of PlayStation no doubt (Kingdom Hearts comes out next month WOOOO!!!!) and next weekend I’ll be going bowling with some friends, and drinks afterwards no doubt.
Priceline had another crazy 40% off sale this week, this time on skincare. I was good, and only got a few things, stuff that I need. I was pretty good during these sales, I paid roughly $35 for all this and a TRESemmé conditioner. That was on grace of a $21 Priceline voucher I received a couple days before though too. Yay for savvy shopping and coupon queens!!!! Just keep in mind that I have oily and acne prone skin, I have started breaking out as much as I do in the past year or so, I am learning how to deal with my skin, and what works for me may not work for you. (There’s a whole bunch of stuff in my disclaimer about this if you want to read that)
I like the idea of monthly wrap ups in order to reflect on the month that has passed, I enjoy reading and watching about different people’s favorites, monthly empties, monthly wrap ups, hits and misses, whatever people call theirs. These style posts and videos give insight into what a person thinks was the best products that they used in any given month. I’m going to give this a go and start my own version of this where I wrap up the month in all things ranging from products, to events, music, and even blog posts. But seeing as this is the BEGINNING of the month I thought it would be cool to do a kind of what I’m looking forward to doing this month/my plans/goals/hopes/dreams/etc etc for the coming month. I like setting myself out things to achieve, goals to complete, and stuff to look forward to over a time period, I personally think it’s a great way to plan out things that you want to do in the future. I am a 50/50, I am half spontaneous, and half a planner, though I prefer to plan. So, without my intro to this new something something being any more long winded and boring, here are the goals I have set for myself, and the things I want to achieve this month.
Overall goal of the month: To get myself going again. My birthday feels like a new year, the turn of a new leaf, so I want to spend the beginning of the new chapter in my life getting back on my feet and moving again towards becoming the person I want to be.
1. It’s my birthday and I’ll buy what I want to! Within reason… 2 weeks late.. Actually I really want some new winter pajamas and a couple new pieces of clothing. Also yeah probably some make up. Hopefully not much. I’ll be good I promise! I’ll be 22.
2. I want need my L’s. It’s a thing I need to do.
3. I made a post schedule of posts I want to make this month, I hope I can stick to it as closely as possible. I’m intimidated by it, not going to lie, but I’m looking forward to it. I’ve planned to post something new every 2-3 days. Lets see how it goes. I also did it like this so that I could have room for any impromptu posts I may want to make for whatever reason.
4. I want to work out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday of this month. I enjoy working out and striving to be healthier, it’s definitely something I am passionate about, and something I haven’t done much of lately.
5. Being more organised. I don’t use a diary or organizer, partly because I never check it after I write something down in it. I want to start though, and I’m doing so by using my iPad and its calender. Both the calender and the reminders apps that come as default with most if not all apple products are great. I like them for the pop up notification features that you can set for each of them, so that you are reminded of certain things at the times you want to be.
I think I’ll leave it at 5 goals for this month. I hope you have a great month. Do you ever set yourself any goals like I have? If you write about it I would love to see